Thursday, March 15, 2018

Lost for Words...

This entire trip managed to encapsulate God/love for me. What else could be the very reason why I am so lost for words? “God is love; whoever abides in God, and God in him(1 John 4:16)” God to me is love. She is everything and nothing simultaneously. She is ultimate and unconditional love, joy, and happiness. She is peace.

I’ve seen a lot of love in the form of understanding, patience, and determination here in Guatemala. Every single person here has taught me something about life. Jose Roland taught me the importance of walking and talking in your purpose, and the “Je ne sais quoi” of following through. Dr. Eric taught me how far radiant and abundant energy can go; even in times of stress. Nurse Stephanie taught me how to let your fire burn: sagely and with grace. Lastly the people of Guatemala taught me resiliency, the power of collective work, and determination. In Guatemala my eyes have been opened and awakened to beauty in all forms, and seeing this here has allowed for me to be much more thankful for my life. It’s hard to be good person, especially when life itself consistently pulls you to be the opposite and everyone here somehow manages to try. Wow. Everytime I see God I am filled with such immense joy. So thank you Guatemala for showing me God/love in many different ways. Bless this beautiful country, that I am so honored to have stepped foot on.


Amber Minefee

No comments: