Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Make it Work

Today was the first day in clinic and boy did it feel like a first day. There was so much to do and a lot of kinks to be worked out, but I am pleased to say that we did it. I believe that a big part of taking part in trips like this one is being adaptable, and with that, having the Tim Gunn “make it work” attitude. No matter the situation, first days always bring the unknown. No amount of planning and preparing can truly prepare you for a new experience. However, I am of the opinion that the right attitude can. Today was chaotic, but it was not pure chaos as it could have been, and I’m going to credit a decent portion of our success to the incredible attitudes that everyone in triage came to clinic with.

Please forgive my seemingly triage-centric blog entry, but since I spent both my morning and my afternoon in triage, I did not get to explore much of everything else that was going on and have to base my account of the day on what I saw and experienced. I’m confident that the passionate and persevering attitudes that I am describing were not specific to triage, but I can definitely say that they were crucial for our success. Deciding to make it work, whether “it” being blood glucose tests without lancet devices, or overcoming a language barrier, was something that we did. It was a Tim Gunn day and I can only see the week getting better and better from here.


Xye Inzauro

No comments: