Saturday, March 5, 2016

Lo Hicimos

In the words of Dora, we did it. We made it to Guate, Guate, Guatemala! It's exciting to experience this journey again. The beauty of this adventure is that each year that passes, there are 12 fresh eyes that see Guatemala, Patanatic, with such open hearts and compassion for this village and its people. Something tells me that this group is going to soak up every moment they are given no matter what the opportunity is. I can't wait to reflect upon each day with them. But first we have to do a little work to get the clinic up and running so they CAN have the experience I know as an alumni they will have.

Nurse Bonnie ran Triage when I went on this trip as a student. She was so graceful and ingenious. My prayer is that I can be 1/8 of that for these students. So as Nurse Bonnie taught me, always take a picture of the before and after so you can remember the work you did to make the clinic into a functioning thing. So here is the before. I know you will see some photos of the clinic in action very soon.


Stephanie Ibemere

No comments: